Your Book/Author Media Kit is an essential part of your author/book website and your marketing. It is a library of all the elements that you will need to promote your book. It includes book cover graphics, descriptions and sample content. It also has resources that fans, the press, event management and anyone else needs to be able to promote you.
Book Photo Graphics
I like a variety of sizes; 2”, 4” and 6” images in jpg, rgb format. 300dpi resolution for print and 72dpi for web. Be sure to ask your book cover designer for these images. Make this part of the original book cover design project. If you can only get one resolution then go for the 72dpi so you can easily market on-line.
Your Book Info and Description
• Book descriptions, a short ten word sentence or so for use in posting on social media or at the end of a post. Then a 50-100 word description, 250-500 word description.
• Include info about the book, specs, ISBN number, pages
• Where to buy your book, print and e-book with links
• Book reviews, look at Amazon reviews
• A sample chapter
• A Book Trailer video if possible, Watch for Day 4: YouTube Day we will be creating one.
Spend a little money and have a professional photo done. Also be sure to have some images done with and without you holding your book up next to your head. Have several different sizes produced. I like a 2”, 4” and 6” images in 300dpi for print uses and 72dpi for web use. You can also do these yourself with your phone
Have several different length bios for different uses
• A very short, one sentence or so bio you can use at the end of a blog post, remember to include your web address and mention your book.
• 50-100 word bio and a 250-500 word bio.
• Phone, e-mail, Skype, website address, social media addresses
Social Media Links
• List all of your social media connections, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Linkedin, etc.
• Recent speaking events, maybe a video or two if possible of your speaking.
Goals: Build Your Author and Book Media Kit
For our first day challenge we are going to pull together the elements for a media kit. Be sure to watch the video training on how to create the different size photos you will need.
• Create your book cover images, 2”, 4” and 6” at 72dpi and if possible 300dpi
• Create your author images, 2”, 4” and 6” at 72dpi and if possible 300dpi
• Create your author photo with you holding a book cover, images, 2”, 4” and 6” at 72dpi and if possible 300dpi
• Write a 10 word or so book description and author bio
• Write a 50-100 word book description and author bio
• Write a 250-500 word book description and author bio
• Table of Contents
• Book and ebook specs
• Create a listing of your social media accounts, including the links
• Create a list of where your book is available for sale and the URL weblinks
• Include any speaking events that you have done
Purchase the Entire Course
If you would like to purchase the entire course, which includes all of the Challenge videos, the books and the bonus video please click on this link
J. Bruce Jones Is the author and publisher of over 40 books, including the Book Marketing Checklist for Self-Publishing and I love teaching other people how to make and publish their own books. There is nothing like seeing an author hold their own new book in their hands.
Bruce is the creator of the 5 Day Book Marketing Challenge, to learn more or purchase the full Challenge course please click below
Buy the Challenge
Please come over and joint the How to Publish Your Book Facebook Group