Sunday, September 27, 2015
How to Market My Book, What to Do First, What to Do Second?
This post starts a series on some of the things your can do market and promote your book. Marketing is hard and is one of the most common questions I get asked. Usually in the form of I just published my book, now what? In this series I will break down recommendations to three levels.
Level 1, I don't know much and I don't really want to spend a lot of time or money what can I do.
Level 2 we want to go higher, you want to build a web presence, and are willing to dig a little deeper into the technical stuff. Like setting up an email list and blogging
Level 3 we go to full book launch and trying for an Amazon best seller.
I have broken these levels down into both online and off line.
Level 1. The minimum things I can do to promote my book
Online (Focus on initial exposure)
• Fill out your Amazon Author Central Account
• Link your book to your Author Central Page
• Use the Amazon sales page social media links to post about your book
• Take advantage of what Kindle and CreateSpace.com offers for programs
• Set up your social media accounts, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest, Linkedin, Instagram, Slideshare, SnapChat, Twitter, etc.
• Announce your book on your social media accounts
• Update all bios on your social media sites with your current book information; include links to Amazon for your book if possible
• Ask for Amazon reviews in your posts
• Write and send out a press release on several of the free or paid PR sites
• Add your book title and link to your email signature line
Be sure to sign up for my new Book Marketing Checklist. Over on the right. Next post will deal with some of the Off Line possibilities for book marketing.