|My Kindle sales for Book Marketing Checklist doubled while making the Challenge|
Ok, I hope people are starting to take their book's SNAP SHOT [PREP DAY GOALS]. During the course of building this Challenge I did all of the tasks that I am asking everyone to do. Including taking my book's position in the world. It is kind of depressing. Book Marketing Checklist for Self-Publishing is one of my most successful Kindle books. Most of my book sales come from the print side of Amazon, but this book has done well. But is released over a year ago and is now lagging and not doing much. So my turn also to juice it up.
So here are my numbers for July,
Kindle 5 sales
CreateSpace/Amazon, paperback 0 sales, upp, zero.
Lots of room for improvement
What is interesting is that during the 3 days or so that I was building my videos and trying different things I ended up doubling my Kindle July sales. It works, getting out there and marketing my book helps. I went from 5 to 10, not great but activity works, YEA!!.
You can see all of my Snap Shot in the Workbook Bruce's Sample in the Files area
The other areas that I recorded and want to watch are my social media and blog traffic. Since I have pushed out and shared I have seen people coming over to join the group from Daniel Hall Real Fast groups. Follow Daniel he does great stuff. I also shared the [5 DAY CHALLENGE] with other FB groups. My Twitter numbers are going up, the blog visitors are going up. I posted the video on YouTube, Pinterest, 2 Blogs, all are ways to promote your book. I need to watch them all.
Success in marketing has a lot to do with marketing where you are and then where you want to go. What is working, what isn't and then adjusting. It is a continual process. But the key is taking action.
5 Day Book Marketing Challenge Prep Day:
Taking a Market Snap Shot of Your Book and Setting up Your Social Media Worksheet
Here is my Book Market Checklist for Self-Publishing Snap Shot
Be sure to download the 5 Day Book Marketing Challenge Workbook located in the Facebook Group
Welcome to the 5 Day Book Marketing Challenge. The goal with this challenge is to introduce you to a set of skills you can use to market your book and give your book a basic footprint in the world. I want you to use the worksheets to record your results and to also create a library of elements that you can use for your marketing. To get started I want you to take a Snap Shot of where you are with your book and its exposure.
In this edited Workbook I have taken the Challenge myself and record my results. Look at what I have done to market my books and use it as an example for yours. Think of it as a swipe file. Take my bios, descriptions and video scripts, and change them to be yours.
GOAL: Collect and Write Down Your Book Snap Shot, here is mine.
Book Snap Shot
• Book title and subtitle
Book Marketing Checklist for Self-Publishing: Complete Book Launch Action Plan Included
• Author(s), Illustrator
J. Bruce Jones
• Where did you publish your book?
- CreateSpace/Amazon Yes, paperback
- Kindle/Amazon, ebook
• ISBN and ASIN Numbers, number of pages, size, pictures, black/white or color, paperback, hardcover, etc. This info is located in the Product Details area on your Amazon book sales page, just scroll down and you will find it. Print and Kindle ebook have different specs.
• Paperback: 52 pages
• Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (February 15, 2016)
• Language: English
• ISBN-10: 1530067065
• ISBN-13: 978-1530067060
• Product Dimensions: 6 x 9 inches
• File Size: 1978 KB
• Print Length: 65 pages
• Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
• Publisher: Bruce Jones Design Inc. (March 3, 2016)
• Publication Date: March 3, 2016
• Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
• Language: English
• ASIN: B01CJ9K4F0
Categories and Keywords
• What are your book’s categories and its keywords?
Original CreateSpace Category
Business & Economics / Marketing / Direct
• Amazon’s current category
• #1218 in Books > Business & Money > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Direct
• CreateSpace Keywords you are allowed up to 5 words or phrases with up to 25 characters each
Book marketing plan, self published books, how to sell your book, writing skills, book launch
• Original Kindle ebook Categories (2)
• Nonfiction > Business & Economics > Marketing > General
• Education & Reference > Reference > Writing Skills
• Amazon’s current Kindle categories
• #975 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Education & Reference
• #1070 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing Skills
• #1713 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Business & Money
• Kindle Keywords, you are allowed up to 7 words or phrases with up to 25 characters each
Book marketing plan, self published books, how to sell your book, writing skills, book launch, marketing checklist, best selling books
• Record the link to your Amazon or other sales page.
Amazon Paperback Book
• Kindle ebook
Current monthly sales, reviews-good and bad, this is your base line.
• CreateSpace Monthly Sales, Located in your account dashboard, None, 16 reviews, 4s and 5s
• Kindle Monthly Sales, See Reports in your account, 5 books July
Author Exposure Snap Shot• Author
J. Bruce Jones
• What web platforms do you have, write down the sites and addresses?
• Main Website Address:
• Main Blog Address:
• Social Media Platforms:
• What online groups are you in, Facebook, Linkedin, professional, personal?
Linkedin, Ebooks, Ebook Readers, Digital Books and Digital Content Publishing
Linkedin, Book Publishing Professionals
Facebook, How to Publish Your Book
Facebook, Self-Publishing and Book Marketing
Facebook, Real Fast Book
• What organizations, associations and groups, on or off-line are you associated with, make a list. Do these groups communicate with their members? Do they have a newsletter or something similar that you might be able to join? Record the group.
• What local media outlets do you have around your community, news, community papers, radio, TV, Patch?
The Mystic Times, 47 Eugene O’Neil Drive, New London, CT 06320, email contact XXXX.theday.com
• Connections: Look through your connections, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, etc and see if you have any influencers or people with large followings.
• Want to Connect to: Who would you love to be connected to, who would help you the most?
Joanna Penn, TheCreativePenn.com
Joel Friedlander, TheBookDesigner.com
Ok, there you go,
Purchase the Entire Course
If you would like to purchase the entire course, which includes all of the Challenge videos, the books and the bonus video please click on this link
J. Bruce Jones Is the author and publisher of over 40 books, including the Book Marketing Checklist for Self-Publishing and I love teaching other people how to make and publish their own books. There is nothing like seeing an author hold their own new book in their hands.
Bruce is the creator of the 5 Day Book Marketing Challenge, to learn more or purchase the full Challenge course please click below
Buy the Challenge
Please come over and joint the How to Publish Your Book Facebook Group