"I want to publish my book but I don't know how to do it, please help me."
In my How to Publish Your Book Facebook Group I get some version of this question more than any other. Usually the book is written and that is as far as the author has gotten. The question is where do I start? What do I do? How do I publish my book? I have just published, now what do I do? These are really big and often confusing questions. So, let’s dive in and see if I can give you some direction and the basic overview of how you can publish your book.
The Self-Publishing Manual, Create and Publish Your Own Print or e-Book, is an updated and revise version of my previous how to publish your book publication. So much has change in the past few months. CreateSpace, which was our go to site for publishing and selling paperback books on Amazon, has been merged into KDP.Amazon. This is a total rewrite, all updated for using KDP/Amazon/Kindle. Lots of new marketing info, more in-depth e-book. This version is the pre-publication version. All the updates are in and I am doing the final edits.
Part 1. Key Publishing Questions. Part 1 takes you through many of the basic questions that people ask about publishing their book. I talk about where to publish, what is print-on-demand, what is an ISBN number, KDP.Amazon, Kindle and how does copyright work.
Part 2. Writing, Creating and Publishing Your Book. Part 2 is an overview of the creating and publishing process. I have broken it down into 12 steps. We start with creating the content. Then print or e-book, what is involved and how do you do it, interior and cover. We move to publishing your book, how and where it is done and then one of my favorite topics, re-purposing your content for additional revenue. Includes the Self-Publishing Checklist.
Part 3. The Bonus Section. In the bonus section I cover four topics; how to launch your book as an Amazon best seller with a Best Seller Check List, expanded with more tips and ideas. How to create a book quickly using my Top Ten Technique and we wrap-up with a resource list.
• Where Are You in The Process? Are You Just Starting Out or is the Book Complete?
• What Kind of Book Are You Creating, Novel, How To, Children’s, Picture, Coloring, Poetry, Business, Cookbook?
• Is Your Book Going to Be Paperback, Hardcover, E-Book or All the Above?
• Which Do I Do, Self-Publish or Traditional Publish My Book?
• Where Do I Publish My Book?
• Self-Publishing Sites Comparison Chart
• What is Print-on-Demand Printing?
• What is KDP.Amazon/Kindle Print?
• Why Does Kindle/Amazon want My Tax and Bank Account Info?
• What is an e-Pub?
• What Programs Should I Use to Create My Book?
• What Programs Should I use to Create a Picture/Children’s Book?
• Can I Create a Hardcover Book?
• Can My Book Be in Bookstores?
• How Do I Get My Book in Bookstores?
• How Do I Make an Audio Book?
• Are You Publishing Primarily in the US or Worldwide?
• How Long Should My Book Be?
• What is an ISBN Number?
• Do I Need to Copyright My Book?
• Who Owns the Book’s Copyright if I Publish on Amazon, Kindle/Amazon or Me?
• How Do Royalties Work?
My Story, Learning to Write at 53
Part 2. How to Write and Publish Your Book
Writing the Book
1. Writing Your Book
2. Collect Your Graphic Assets, Images, Pictures, and Charts
3. Key Elements that Every Book Should Have
4. Editing Your Book
5. Pre-Edit Printed Proof
6. Six Different Options for Publishing Your Book.
Creating the Book
7. Creating a Kindle e-book, Including a Kindle Formatting Guide
8. Creating a KDP.Amazon/Kindle Print Book, Inside and Cover
9. Creating a Quick Print Book Publishing Your Book
10. Uploading and Publishing Your Book
11. Launching and Marketing Your Book
Re-Purposing Your Book’s Content
12. Re-purposing Your Book Content for Additional Products
Part 3. Bonus Content
• Making an Amazon Best Seller
• Best Seller Checklist
• Top Ten Technique for Creating a Book
• Publishing Resources
Pick up a Pre-Release copy of the book, Click Here
Buy the Book