Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Write and Create a Book Quickly Using the Top Ten Tips Technique, Be a Published Author
The top ten tips technique for writing and creating a book is a quick and easy way to pull together a book for your business, profession or interest. J. Bruce Jones, "BruceTheBookGuy" takes you through the simple steps that he has use to write and teach others how to write and create their books.
Basic steps include:
1. Write down the 10 best tips or lessons on or about your business, or your expertise. Keep these to one or two sentences each. #1 is your best then follow with 9 more.
2. Write out one paragraph for each tip or lesson, just one paragraph.
3. For each lesson expand that 1 paragraph to 3-4 paragraphs, flush out the concepts.
5. Have your book edited and proofed. After your book is formatted and laid out have it printed out and re-edit again.
6. Format your book in MS Word or some similar word processing application such as Google Doc, Pages, or Scrivner. If you are going to print your book, create an original document that is the page size of your book. 5 ½” x 8 ½” is a great size and is easy to get printed at a quickie print shop for those first copies. If you have access to Adobe InDesign that also works very well. A local designer can help with this stage.
7. Create a separate file for the cover. For an ebook/Kindle, front cover only and save it as a jpg. For a printed book on CreateSpace, set up a full cover spread, back, spine and front. Both Kindle and CreateSpace/Amazon have online tools you can use to make a cover. If you are using a local quick print shop like Staples you can leave out the spine.
8. If sending your book to Kindle then save it as an html file for the web. If you are going to print, export or save as a pdf file. Also export your cover file.
9. Upload your book files to Kindle, or CreateSpace.com, CreateSpace is the print-on-demand, self-publishing side of Amazon.com, or take the two pdf files to a local quick print shop. If hosting on-line at Amazon, add descriptions, author bio, categories and keywords.
10. Market your book though the popular social media channels; FaceBook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, your website, and YouTube. These lessons make great videos and blog posts. Give it out to potential and current customers. Make the book available on your website as a pdf download.
If you like this video I have a companion course that teaches you how to format your book, build your cover and publish your book on Kindle.
learn more and to download a free companion book on how to create your own Top Ten Tips Book visit Easy Kindle Books at http://www.easykindlebooks.com
Special Discount Coupon for the Course: KindleBonus
Join our publishing Facebook group at