At the end of my Book Marketing Checklist for Self-Publishers I include a listing of some of my favorite book marketing resources. These include websites, books, book marketing leaders, excellent examples of author websites and some general info on building your own author website.
50 Ways to Kickstart your Publicity from Molly Green Writer, blog. How to get your planning going for your book release
71 Ways to Promote and Market Your Book, Kimberley Grabas put together this excellent set of tips on book marketing on her site YourWriterPlatform.com
How to Build a Top Notch Media Kit from Molly Green Writer, blog, what are the media kit parts
How to Write a Killer Author Bio from Divrit.com blog
Some of my favorite writing and publishing resources, all available at Amazon.com. (Affiliate links, but I read all of these books and recommend them)
• Write. Publish. Repeat. (The No-Luck-Required Guide to Self-Publishing Success), by Sean Platt and Johnny B. Truant. This is an excellent book on setting up your book funnel and how to link one book to the next. These guys know their stuff. One of my favorite recommendations
• 61 Ways to Sell More Non-Fiction Kindle Books, by Steve Scott. Steve writes on lots of topics but I found his book marketing info fantastic. Like cross link you other book title at the back of your book and add live links to other sites, videos and books in your book.
• Kindle Publishing Package: How to Discover Best-Selling eBook Ideas + How to Write a Nonfiction eBook in 21 Days + 61 Ways to Sell More Nonfiction Kindle Books by Steve Scott. Once you have several titles you can bundle them together to make another book. This is very easy to do and you can give great value to the reader. Look at not only the titles but how they are put together.
• Your First 1000 Copies: The Step-by-Step Guide to Marketing Your Book by Tim Grahl. Time also has an excellent blog on book marketing. Tim has had some great success helping authors become best sellers. Check out Tim's website at http://timgrahl.com/
• Book Launch Blueprint: The Step-by-Step Guide to Launching a Bestseller by Tim Grahl
• Author Quick Guide to Making Your Book a Best Seller by Kristen (Eckstein) Joy. Kristen has a series of books on publishing and marketing that each basically ask and answers one questions. They are all quick reads and are excellent. Her advice is practical and easy to put into action
• Don’t Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability, Steve Krug. If you are building a website then this is THE book to read. The Don't Make Me Think is also my mantra for book covers. Don't make the reader have to think about what your book is about. Make it clear.
• Publish and Profit by Mike Koenigs. Books are so much more than just books. They are a means to promote your positioning in the world. Books can lead your readers to all of your other products and services. Mike is a master at telling you how to do this. I have been a Mike Koenigs fan for a long time. A lot of lessons here.
• How to Market a Book by Joanna Penn. Joanna has a duel carrier, she writes thrillers and mystery books and she teaches how to be a self-publisher. Her books on self-publishing and marketing are excellent. Easy to understand and to put into action from someone who knows.
• The Story Grid by Steven Pressfield and Shawn Coyne. I have been reading all of Steve Pressfield's books, some are historical fiction, some history and the rest on the art of being a writer. Steve has gone through a long path to learn his craft and I have really enjoyed learning his lessons. He also has an excellent website. I have just started to get into the Story Grid. It gives you some paths to understanding what your are writing. I have some friends who rave about this book. Check out Steve's website, http://www.stevenpressfield.com/
I Also Follow These Authors/Teachers
• Nina Amir, http://howtoblogabook.com/
• Joan Stewart, http://publicityhound.com/
• Joel Friedlander, http://www.thebookdesigner.com/
• Pat Flynn, http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/
• Building Your Book for Kindle for Mac by Amazon
• Building your Book for Kindle for the PC by Amazon
• From Word to Kindle by Aaron Shepard
Good Examples of Author Book Media Pages
Media page for Michael Stelzner’s book launch
Joanna Penn, from the Creative Penn, one of the top in this area
Here is her media area http://www.thecreativepenn.com/contact/
Tim Ferriss, The Four Hour Work Week Guy
Mardie Caldwell, has an excellent example of a interview questions pdf
CJ Lyons, Thriller writer
Stephen R. Covey, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, though
Dr. Covey has passed, but the site that promotes his books is set up very well and is a good example.
Laura Stack, The Productivity Pro
More Info on Building Your Author Media Site
30 Day Books
To Buy a Copy, Please Click Below
Print: Book Marketing Checklist for Self-Publishing with Complete Action Plan
Kindle: Book Marketing Checklist for Self-Publishing with Complete Action Plan