Sunday, March 27, 2016
Make and Sell a Product for Your Website in 15 Minutes, MML Live Presentation
Live stage presentation by J. Bruce Jones at the 2016 Make Market Launch It conference in San Diego on how your can make and sell a simple product from existing content for your website in about 15 minutes.
My main questions on making products?
• Does anybody care about my product?
• What is working
I follow two rules in making products
• 200 visitor rule
• Re-purpose your existing content
• Presentation is on taking an existing pdf file and turn it into a product, host it and sell it on one of my websites
• For this presentation I am using the site Gumroad.com. Think of Gumroad like an electronic bucket, handles hosting, sales page, delivery, e-commerce, deposit money in bank, free
You can sell pdf files, mp4, mp3 audio, zip files, clip art, small courses, and physical products
Gumroad takes care of all the back-end and it is FREE
Designed for selling simple products very easily. They also have a variety of sales and pricing options that gives you a lot of ways to sell your content. Gumroad.com is a great place for testing a product, something I call product sketching.
• Signing into Gumroad
• Show monthly sales, yearly sales, sell your products on a variety of sites including YouTube
• 2 kinds of products,
- Stand alone products, pdf, video, courses
- Product testing or what I call Product Sketching
Today we are going to learn how to make and sell a pdf product of the best selling book, Book Marketing Checklist for Self-Publishers
• In Gumroad click on New Product, Add product, Upload the Digital Product, Name the Product
• Choose file, upload from computer
Customize your Product
- Add cover picture, could be a video
- Add text, I am using the back cover text
- Add $, also pay what you want options, add a +
- pdf stamp
Publish your Product
- add category, add tags, Book Marketing, Self publishing, Kindle,
- Sharing Your Product, Tweet, FaceBook
Selling Your Product
- Add the product to http://www.BruceTheBookGuy.com
- Make a blog post
- Text, picture, add embed code-customize the button, publish
- Add some Google+ love
• I market my books by wrapping ads around book content, so add an ad in the sidebar area.
• Blogger Layout: Title, sales line, image, 225pixels, link, publish
• Show overlay for selling
• Add an Affiliate Link, simplest link,
This is a way to sell simple pdf files, video, audio, small courses. Make a small product and test, see what happens, then adjust.
• Visit Gumroad.com Blog for additional info
Check out http://www.gumroad.com